Seeing Ghosts, Myth or True?

Woolsy

This theory about dogs seeing ghosts has been around since mankind adopted dogs as pets. Is there truth in this or is it just a myth that has been passed down through generations?

I go with myth but I think dogs, and other animals, have a 6th sense that we humans don't have. Animals can detect natural disasters that can't seen or heard.

I've wondered about that myself because there is one vacant house on my block that my dogs sit and stare at. During our walks they've all refused to walk in front of that house too. It's the oddest thing. I'm not sure how I feel about ghosts, but it spooks me out sometimes.

That's an interesting question. I'm not sure what I think about ghosts, but I do believe that animals can sense things we cannot. I know that animals can often sense natural disasters. I also know that some people have seizure dogs - dogs who can alert someone to the fact that he or she is going to have a seizure so that the person can get himself or herself somewhere safe.

I've never really given any thought at all as to whether dogs can see ghosts, but I, as well, would go with it's a myth. I agree with you that dogs and other animals have a sixth sense about things. Dogs seem to have a sense about certain people. What I like about an animal's approach to certain interactions is, they don't just trust you right away. It takes them a while to warm up to you. Cats are famous for being like that.

Howling is a way of communication of dogs. I would go with science on this one. Seeing spirits or not, when dogs howl, other dogs will join in as well. I might refer to this phenomenon similar to the yawning of humans. When you see someone yawns, then you feel the urge to yawn as well, even though you are not sleepy or tired.

Back