What was the name of your first dog?

RuffLuv

And what kind of dog was he or she, and what color was it/were they? My first dog was a black German Shepherd named "Bo". He was a great dog, very protective and very loyal.:)

Buttons and he was a Pekingese :)
Oh how cute, I love that name. And... you learn something new everyday, I didn't know until just now that there is a "g" in Pekingese! I had to Google it to be sure if the name you wrote here is the same type of dog that I had in mind, and it is.

I can't remember her name anymore because I had her when I was 6 years old. I can still recall the day that she passed away. I was going to school with my aunt and she kept following us. We have to cross the road and she followed. When I realized that she was following us, I told her to go back and she did. At that exact moment that she turned, there came a car that hit her. I still feel bad retelling this story and I blamed myself for her death. Maybe it is good for me that I can't recall her name.

I can't remember her name anymore because I had her when I was 6 years old. I can still recall the day that she passed away. I was going to school with my aunt and she kept following us. We have to cross the road and she followed. When I realized that she was following us, I told her to go back and she did. At that exact moment that she turned, there came a car that hit her. I still feel bad retelling this story and I blamed myself for her death. Maybe it is good for me that I can't recall her name.
That's a really sad story. Sorry you had to go through that at such a young age.:( Did you get any dogs after that when you were still a kid? I didn't have any dogs growing up because before I was born my mom had a Boxer, I think his name was Prince, if I'm remembering right. At any rate, she told me that for some reason one day her dog was outside and no one was watching him, when she came back out he was gone. That hurt her so badly that she wouldn't get another dog. I had to wait until I grew up and moved away from home before I got my first dog.

That's a really sad story. Sorry you had to go through that at such a young age.:( Did you get any dogs after that when you were still a kid?

I did get another one after that, but my connection to my first dog was very unique as I was the one who took care of her since she was a puppy. The dogs that followed were mostly taken care of by my mother.

I did get another one after that, but my connection to my first dog was very unique as I was the one who took care of her since she was a puppy. The dogs that followed were mostly taken care of by my mother.
Oh, okay:cry:. I'm glad you got another dog though. It seems like "our first" in almost anything good is always special to us. It was nice of your mother to take care of the other dogs that followed. Nothing like a mother's love, especially when it's done right.

Snowball, white shep-prob mix as I recall him being on the small side for the breed. Parents had him before I was born, good dog, very cuddly:)

Back