A Few Words About Camp Ruff Ruff
We at www.campruffruff.com are a premier organization devoted to making your pets more attuned to our home environment in the most friendly and humane way possible. We also are one of the best options for you to keep your pet in case you and your family have to leave town. We provide homely surroundings for your pet and are totally against any sort of confinement.
I am Vinny, an animal lover since childhood and a certified behavior consultant and professional dog trainer. I started this enterprise to further my love for dogs and provide an amiable and homely atmosphere to dogs that come here. With us, you will have total peace of mind because our methods of looking after dogs and training them are friendly and we treat each dog as a part of Camp Ruff Ruff family.
Our behavioral training of dogs is done in most amiable, force free, humane and friendly manner. We constantly keep ourselves updated and educated regarding each and every development in dog training and behavior. We provide an environment just like your home and all dogs under our care and supervision are treated like a family member. Your dogs will get the required amount of mental and physical exercise as our trainers know the science behind how a dog’s brain works. Our methods are those which have been tested and upheld by dog lovers across the world since many years.
We take into account the singular challenges that you are facing and then use friendly methods to eradicate them so that a healthy relationship is born between you and your dog. Our special training methods help create a bond that is lifelong and based on trust, respect and friendship. We also teach you how you should conduct yourselves so that a sweet and solid relationship is forged. We train dogs of all ages, species and even puppies. We first gain the trust of your pet and then proceed to train them just like you train behavior to small children. To us every dog is special. We handle each dog separately because we believe different dogs have different needs. We are totally against force or confinement of any type.
Before starting the training we will evaluate your pet which will assist us in ascertaining its personality, likes/dislikes, aptitudes, social understanding and behavioral problems and patterns. Also we keep in mind your wishes and desires for your pet. Based on all these, we will recommend the best approach for training and behavior. Our training programs are full of fun, educative and stress free. We will also offer behavioral counseling for you so that you handle issues related to your dog like teaching your dog small things, jumping, chewing, play biting etc. Also our behavioral modification sessions will help you to deal with correct socialization, building confidence, aggression, anxiety and such things.
Dogs communicate through body languages to a considerable extent. Our training teaches dogs to sharpen their communication skills through body language and we will also coach you to discern their body language in an effective way. We believe basic obedience is mandatory for the perfect human-dog relationship. But we do not enforce this on them; rather we first gauge their mental and physical readiness, develop trust and communication and then start our training. We give incentives to dogs for doing a particular thing and after a considerable period, they continue doing the desired behavior without the incentives. We believe that learning is a continuous process and when you take your dog home we adjust the program which will help you and your pet to continue the relationship that we have forged further.
Our Resume and Qualifications Personal Accomplishments
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer by Catch Canine Academy.
- CPDT-KA CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL DOG TRAINER-Knowledge Assessed by the CCPDT
- LLA – Living and Learning with Animals – Certificate of Excellence with Dr Susan Friedman – visit LLA
- Level One Member Of American Treiball Association
- Former 2014 thru 2016 Licensed Educator for Family Paws Parent Education, Preparing families with dogs
for life with toddlers, Preparing families with dogs for life with baby.
- BAT – Behavior Adjustment Instructors Course – Certificate of Attendance
- Canine Life and Social Skills – C.L.A.S.S qualified evaluator
- Verified Certificate from The University of Edinburgh – see bottom of page…
- Karen Pryor- Don’t Shoot The Dog
- Jean Donaldson- The Culture Clash, Mine, Train Your Dog Like A Pro, Fight A Practical Guide To The Treatment Of Dog to Dog Aggression
- Pamela Reid- Excel- Erated learning,
- Patricia B. McConnel- The Other End Of The Leash, The Cautious Canine, The Puppy Primer, I’ll be Home Soon, Feisty Fido, Feeling Out Numbered, How To Be the Leader Of The Pack and have your dog love you for it,
- Dr Ian Dunbar- How To Teach A New Dog Old Tricks, Dog Behavior,
- Turid Rugaas- Barking the sound of a language, On Talking Terms With Dog: Calming signals, Why My Dog Pulls What Do i Do?
- For the Love iof The Dog – patricia McConnell
- Stress, Anxiety and Aggression in Dogs
- Hallgren, Anders
- Karen B. London- Way To Go, Feeling Out Numbered P.B.mcconnel
- Canine Behavior by Barbara Handelmann
- Dogs and More Dogs – The true story of mans best friend DVD
- Encyclopedia of Dog Breeds- 2nd edition D.Caroline Coile
- Victoria Stillwell – all Seasons and active member on her forums
- Jan Fennell – The Dog Listener
- Kids and Dogs – Colleen Pelar
- Successful Dog Adoption – Sue Sternberg
- How Dogs Learn – Mary R. Burch and Jon S. Bailey
- Plenty In Life Is Free – Kathy Sdao
- Fired Up Frantic and freaked Out – Laura VanArendok Baugh
Head Trainer At a Robby and Waylon Krieger (of The Doors) concert. Robby and Waylon hanging out with Vinny Olito and James Guliani to support KENOS animal rescue.
- Treating Dog Reactivity – Patricia McConnell
- The Art and Science of Canine Behavior – Patricia McConnell
- Patient Like The Chipmunks – BOB BAILEY
- Dog-Dog Aggression – Patricia McConnell
- The Fundamentals of Clicker Training – BOB BAILEY
- Abandonment Training – Trish King
- Lost In Transaction – Patricia McConnell
- For The Love of A Dog – Patricia McConnell
- Reading Between The Lines – Patricia McConnell
- Abandonment Training – Trish King
- Anxiety Different Forms, Different Solutions- Trish King
- Family Paws Parent Education – Jennifer Shryock
- Dogs and Storks – Jennifer Shryock
- Parent Training- Jennifer Shryock
- Canine Fear Aggression and Play Jean Donaldson
- Improve your “I-Cue:” Learn the Science of Signals
with Kathy Sdao
- Camp Reward for Aggressive Dogs
Instructor: Pam Dennison
- Jean Donaldson – predation in family dogs
- Pia Silvani -Classical Conditioning – Dealing With Emotional Dog
- Positive Puppy Kindergarten – Suzanna Harris
- How To Own And Operate a Dog Daycare Center – Robin Knepp Bennett
- Adopting a Puppy Mill Dog – Everything you need to succeed
- Advanced Canine Behavior – Patricia McConnell
- A Trainers Guide to Teaching Reactive Rover Classes – Kim Moeller
- Puppy Kindergarten with Suzanne Harris
- Aggression In Dogs – Brenda Aloff
- Success Through Socialization – Aimee Sadler
- Language of Dogs DVD – by Sarah Kalnajs
- Aggression In Dogs – Brenda Aloff
- Canine Play Including its Relationship to Aggression – Dr. Karen London
- Anne Lill Kvam – Turid Rugaas – Nosework Search Games
- Master of Growlies – Dog -Tec – dog to dog aggression
- BAT 1000 – Grisha Stewart
- C.L.A.S.S Canine Life and Social Skills evaluator seminar “test”
- Animal Emotions and Resource Guarding with Dr. Nancy Reyes – Certificate of Attendence
- Seperation Anxiety – Nicole Wilde
- Aggression From Brain to Bite – Chirag Patel
- Kathy Sdoa – Cujo Meets Pavlovi
- Ken Ramirez – Problem Solving
- Ken Ramirez – Reinforcement Strategies
- Confrontational Behavior: Modification & Training Techniques Dr. James Ha
- Dissecting the Dynamics of Dog-Dog Play —- Nicole Wilde
- IAABC 2009 Conference – Too Close For Comfort – Vera E Wilkinson
Head Trainer on TV, Movie Sets and Speaking Engagements:
Educating on all levels: animal rescue, dog training & behavior, safety tips for bite prevention, life on the streets and importance of school.